Sunday 22 June 2008

Strawberry jam

I usually get the mother-in-law to make this - I provide the fruit, she buys the sugar and we split the produce - and it's kind of appropriate as she gave me the original runners of my plants years ago, but anyway she's a bit bad at the moment so I thought I'd give it a try myself. I mean how hard can it be? So I cooked up the fruits and the sugar but after about half an hour it still didn't look as if it would set and I was getting a bit bored so I've bottled it up and am hoping for the best.

Jam-making: messy but fun.


I've learnt since that you're meant to add some lemon juice but lemons don't grow for me in this climate.

2 comments:

Paul and Melanie said...

We've just made some too and saw the bit about lemmon juice but didn't have any to hand so ignored it... Do you know what it's supposed to do?

Simon said...

I don't really know but I'm guessing it's to help it set! Nice plot by the way, you look to be doing really well