Saturday 13 June 2009

Summertime tra la la

Lovely weather for it. Some cold nights mind. Not so much to do now other than watch things grow. I've picked the first strawberries and baby carrots - nice to have something to eat other than cabbage. The garlic's looking a bit poorly, rusty and a few had white rot and needed hoofing out; it's the first time I've grown it and apparently these problems aren't uncommon. Mustn't grumble otherwise. Soon there'll be new potatoes and peas and broad beans and dancing in the streets no doubt.

2 comments:

Tracy Zhu said...

Hello from the rainy Pacific Northwest of the USA. I just wanted to let you know that I very much enjoy your blog. Your climate is pretty similar to ours, so I end up doing a lot of things at about the same time you are, and it's nice to compare processes & results. I even enjoy your occasional mention of us evil capitalist Americans.

Regards,
Tracy Zhu
Kingston, WA, USA

Simon said...

Hi Tracy, nice to hear from you, thanks for enjoying my blog and I realise you're not all evil!