Friday 3 July 2009

I love the smell of sunscreen in the morning

So how was it for you? The heatwave I mean. Gave me the chance to dig out the Australian sunscreen - can't get enough of the smell of it. I don't know what they put in it but it's bound to be illegal. The best stuff always is. Still sloshing it on even though it's raining now.

Been raining all day in fact so I wasn't able to go hedge cutting. Gutted I am. Honest. Whiled away the time watching the videos of Glastonbury. Bloody parody of its former self if you ask me. Not that you did. Of course the real deal was in the eighties before they let in the blue meanies and the corporate leeches etc etc.

I would have liked to have watched more of The Prodigy but the BBC have a disclaimer saying "Regretfully we were unable to bring you more of the set due to excessive swearing on songs." How fucking pathetic is that? Nanny state or what? It's rock 'n' roll for fuck's sake. And who decides what's excessive? Then they say "If you feel strongly about this decision you are welcome to complain to the BBC. We do answer every correspondence." Yeah right, before yawning and deleting them no doubt. I suppose it provides jobs for otherwise unemployed graduates. God I hate the BBC. And unemployed graduates. And everything else. Everything else except the smell of this sunscreen.

Mad as a cut snake I am.

**If you want to see some decent footage of Glastonbury before it's cultural assimilation then I suggest you buy the Julien Temple film Glastonbury or the dvd of the 1993 film Glastonbury: The Movie.

3 comments:

Compostwoman said...

Oooh original Glasto memories.......mmm I remember....

(I think...its all strangely a bit hazy!)

Bit like the BGG.... I remember that at the beginning, also!

Simon said...

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!

Compostwoman said...

grin ;-)

Cw xx